Pages

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Some more Disney






This cake was fairly small cake, nothing fancy, a single tier, yes some decoration but nothing off the wall. Well for being such a small cake it came with BIG problems. For starters the fondant didn't come out the yellow I wanted, and the fondant was tooooooo soft. I had to keep going back to add more sugar, which set me back some time, but it was all worth it. I love how it came out!




The pot originally had a lid, but since the fondant gave me so much trouble it didn't make it. I think it looks way better without the lid. The pot itself was carved from two eight inch round cakes. The cake was cold so it made it easier to carve. Once carved I covered it with strawberry jam, and then with a think layer of brown marshmallow fondant. I added a rim on the top and bottom made from fondant. The Wilton Alphabet Cut-Outs were used to write "hunny" just the way Pooh writes it. The layer of yellow fondant to look like honey was just rolled out as messy as possible. The honey was the last thing I added.


The round cake was a 10'' round cake filled with strawberries, which is my favorite if you hadn't guessed by now, covered with blue fondant. Again the fondant was tricky and laborious. I used the Wilton Cut-Outs three piece set to cut out the flowers. I also used the round three piece set to make the balls around the cake. I used the cutter to sort of get the same size balls.


The pooh face was the easiest part to do. Using the Pooh Cake Pan and Wilton Candy melts in white, and their Pooh Collection Icing Color pack. I died the white candy melts using the Pooh Color set, i dyed some yellow, and some black. I then used a piping bag to pipe in the black chocolate on the facial features like eyes, mouth, nose and eyebrows. Then once that dried a bit I piped over and filled in just the face portion of the cake pan with the yellow, popped in the refrigerator and 10 min later I had a Pooh chocolate face. I then just affixed it to the cake and the cake was finished.

Hope you enjoyed the cake! XOXO

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template by Sisterly Love Bake Shop