Pages

Sunday, January 17, 2010

21st Birthday!


My sister turned 21 this past October (I’m sooooo behind on blogging!) We hadn’t made a big deal of her birthday for a while; don’t know why we just hadn’t. This year we tried to do something a little more special. I don’t get paid until the 10th of every month (only bad thing ‘bout working for a school district) so usually she doesn’t get gifts until then. Her birthday is the 3rd. So yes, we’re often late. This year we were able to get gifts the same day for her to open. She felt extra special and she got some nice gifts.




Since her day was going to be special well then so should her cake right? Right! So I looked on CakeCentral where I like to go for inspiration, and fell in love with a cake that was black and green. I went with a lighter green and incorporated a soft pink. The bottom tier is 4 layers of 10” rounds filled with strawberries, and the top 2 layers of 8” rounds filled with cream cheese and strawberries.




The bottom tier was covered in green marshmallow fondant and decorated with pink and black balls pressed onto the sides of the cake. I wanted them to look more like pearls but ended up looking like M&Ms J The top tier was covered in black marshmallow fondant and decorated with different size circles of fondant. I used a Wilton Impression Mat (Happy Birthday) to make an impression on the top of the tier. I finished it off with a 21 made out of pink fondant and her name, Diana, spelled out with pink and black fondant. The board was also covered with green fondant and a black ribbon border around it.

I really love this cake. It was sooo much work but sooo worth it. Enjoy leave me some comments, I love to hear from you!!!

2 comments:

Molly said...

I just found your blog, and I love all of your pictures! Your cakes and cookies are so beautiful. Your blog name is really cute too!

Unknown said...

thanks a million!!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template by Sisterly Love Bake Shop