Pages

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Baby Shower Rattle Cake


This rattle cake was a last minute order. It was for a baby girl. I decided to go with a pale pink and bright yellow. Despite the time crunch it was a very cute cake.




1. The first step is to bake the cake and level it. I baked a 12 in and 6 in cakes.

2. In an electric mixer I whip the PuraWhip I use for almoslt all my cakes. (I love this because its light and the perfect sweetness to it) I pick this up at Smart&Final for about 3 dollars.

3. I wrapped a Wilton stacking tube with yellow ribbon and set it aside.

4. I sliced about 4 pints of strawberries..it was a pretty big cake.

5. Mix all your strawberries with about 4 cups of the whipped cream you just whipped.

6. Fill the cakes with the strawberry and whipped cream mixture. Not to the edges leave about 1/4 of an edge..that way when you frost it you dont get any strawberries spilling out. When you frost it then fill in the gap :)

7. Color your icing the desired color...this case pale pink. I used Wilton Rose Color.

8. Frost the cake...I use a piping bag 16-18 in ones from Wilton. I also use a large tip No. 789
to frost the cake...also a turntable is a must!

Finishing touches

Smooth it out..as much as you can. I added a shell border at the bottom and a star border on top. I also used a round tip to write It's a Girl! I also used edible pink pearls that I had to put on every star I made on the top. I also added them to the letters. I inserted the middle rod and tied a pink ribbon to finish it off.



0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template by Sisterly Love Bake Shop