Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Pink/Brown Baby Shower

I was honored to be the host of one of my dear friends and co-workers. This was her first baby and I wanted to make the event beautiful and memorable. She had no idea what she wanted or what theme she should have. We came up with pink and brown for colors and we also wanted to incorporate baby feet into the theme. As soon as I had some direction I searched everywhere for inspiration and this is the end result.

I made paper chains using pink, brown, and white card stock. I created the It's A Girl hanging circles at the ends of the chains. I hung them from the ceiling all over the room. (I had to take out all of my furniture to accommodate for all the guests, and when I say we I mean my dad and brother). I also hung a set from Party City that included the pink streamers and the ball in the center of the room. I customized the ball and streamers by replacing the hanging circle from the ball, it was yellow, green, and pink , to one of the ones I made. Some tables had pink tablecloths with a brown runner and vice versa. Plates, forks, cups, and napkins were all pink or brown. A sweet baby foot cookie was at each place setting.

I also put together a candy buffet station. The "Sweets" banner that I made in Photoshop matched the invitations. All the candy was and cookies were pink and brown with a hint of white. I had malt balls, animal cookies, chocolate covered pretzels, Dove's Bliss Chocolates, and some pink and brown Mexican candy. The pink candy bags were personalized with a label and some of the jars had labels also. The baby feet pretzel rods were done using a Wilton Mold. I also used the mold to make the toppers for the cupcakes.

The centerpieces were created using pink and white carnations, baby's breath, and hot pink roses. The bubble vases were purchased at the dollar store and adorned with pink and brown ribbon. I set two vases per table for a total of 12 vases.


I made two cakes one left and one right baby foot. The cakes were made with the paisley Wilton Pan Set. One cake was filled with strawberries and the other with peaches. It was covered with PuraWhip. The baby foot designed was free handed and not too difficult to achieve. I decorated the cupcake stand with dangling crystal ribbon. The cupcakes were the mother-to-be's favorite, Pillsbury Funfetti. I used Purawhip to ice the cakes and topped them with baby feet made out of chocolate using a mold. I love how the balloons served as a backdrop and the ultrasound of Baby Mia made it just perfect. I scattered several frames of Baby Mia throughout the room.

Another item that item that is just too cute is this Pin the Pacifier on the Baby game. The baby and pacifier images were obtained online (cannot remember where) and i enlarged it in Photoshop and mounted in onto the pink foam board. Each pacifier had a number and a piece of double sided tape. This game was a hit!

All of these goodies I created in Photoshop. Some of the brushes I made using clip art and others I found free online. The invitation was one of the first things I made and everything else soon followed. The invite insert was one of my favorites. It asked each guest to bring diapers and wipes for a chance to enter a drawing for a cool prize. Then the raffle ticket was created to write down the name of each guest who participated. The candy bag labels were printed on sticker paper and punched with a scallop paper punch. The thank you tags for the cookies were also cut out with the scallop punch. The napkin wraps were used to wrap a pink and brown napkin and a fork. The candy buffet labels were printed on card stock and cut by hand, as well as the paper chain hanging decorations. I used Boring Showers font for every item from the baby shower.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template by Sisterly Love Bake Shop