Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

It's My Time and a Safari Birthday Cake



Hi everyone! I want to share some special news! I was chosen to participate in the Citi Bank's, "It's Your Time: An Entrepreneurial Training Series for Women who are partnered with the Inland Empire Women's Business Center. The purpose of the program is to acquire the necessary knowledge to put together a business plan. I have to go through a series of workshops and webinars. I have also been taking my little sister Nadine. Hopefully once we complete Culinary School (Pastry Chef Program). We have gotten the necessary skills to go operational. Plus there's the little pesky problem of FINANCING. Our business plan will be build upon the idea of creating a cake design studio, preferably somewhere in my area. Since for now it will be a fictional business we are thinking of Redlands. This little dream of ours has to be developed and it will take some time, and by that I mean several years. But all dreams start somewhere and well here we GO!


Now lets talk cakes. This cake took me forever! But I loved it. It was for my sister's best friend's son. Sorry for the blurry pics this was my phone :( I forgot my camera. The cake also look glossy because it started to rain and the cake was initially outside. 



The tree had the mommy's inital and her son's carved into the tree. I wish you could see it. The money and lion were the easiest to create. I used fondant and tylose to accelerate the drying process. There are a few tutorials that you can look at on YouTube that deal with gumpaste/fondant animals. 

Thanks for reading :)


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template by Sisterly Love Bake Shop