Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

Gender Reveal

My sister is having her first baby. It is an exciting time as we await Baby Villanueva! My sister’s husband is in the Army and he was coming home one last time before his deployment to Afghanistan. Since it was too early to tell via ultrasound the gender of the baby we decided to try www.tellmepinkorblue.com, (as seen on Copper Anderson) a site where you can order a blood test to determine gender. The theme of the gender reveal party came from the name of the company: Pink or Blue. 

Centerpieces: I wrapped paper mache letters in pink and blue yarn. The BOY was wrapped in blue and the GIRL letters in pink. I also used two wooden boxes that I picked up at JoAnn’s for flowers. Each box took 2 dz. pink carnations. The picks in the centerpieces were designed by me. Milk glass vases also held some yarn pom-poms and pinwheels in pink and blue.



Favors: I made the whoopie pies with pink and blue filling and set them at each place setting. The boxes came from Etsy's PoshBoxCouture.

Desserts: Consisted of cake pops, cheesecake jell-o, cupcakes, pink and blue chocolate lollipops, sugar cookies, macaroons, and cotton candy. The cake was two tiered vanilla with strawberry buttercream, accented with blue pinwheels. All desserts were made by me www.sisterlylovebakeshop.com ;) The backdrop was made up of three foam boards taped and covered by pink felt, and two individual foam boards wrapped with blue wrapping paper. The banner was designed by me as well. Stripped straws for cotton candy and cupcake wrappers came from Etsy's isakayboutique. The chandelier cakestand came from Amazon.com by LampsPlus


Food & Drinks: Strawberry water made by me and my mom made Tamales.
I also purchased buttons from an Etsy store called cheapestbuttonsnet  that read TEAM PINK and TEAM BLUE.

Invite: Bunting clip art to design the invite came from Etsy's LillyBimble



Throughout the whole process I was the only one that knew the gender of the baby. To reveal the gender I purchased a 24x24 in box and filled it with balloons according to the gender. Then wrapped it like a present. Both my sister and brother in-law opened it at the same time to reveal a burst of pink balloons. IT’S A GIRL!!! We are overjoyed and cannot wait to meet baby Genesis Villanueva!

We recorded the box opening..my brother in-law's reaction is priceless...he was SURE he was having a boy. I will post it as soon as I find it :)



0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template by Sisterly Love Bake Shop