Pages

Friday, March 9, 2012

Baby Shower Cakes


I haven't been posting for a while. I need to finally put some effort into this blog. I love baking and there is no reason why I shouldn't share my creations for all of you. I am going back into my files to find pictures of cakes I have been doing. I hope that you are able to see my progression in skills and also in photography. I have to learn to take better pictures of my stuff!

I get a lot of requests for baby shower cakes. I particularly like designing for the little girls but lately the boys have grown on me ;) I hope you enjoy the images!



I made this cake for one of my friends who plans parties. The theme of the cake come from this website it is from a collection called Modern Baby Girl Caucasian (this name is a little weird if you ask me). The baby on top is made of rice crispy treats and fondant. some of the accents also have pink luster dust to add some sparkle and contrast in the pinks. I also hand rolled all of those yummy soft edible pearls. 


My dear friend from church and my sister's sister in law, had her baby shower not to long ago. She requested a Cherry Blossom Theme. Besides baking I love to plan parties and this is one of the parties I planned. The dessert table was so cute. It had cupcakes, some old fashion suckers, and and assortment of cookies and candy. 

The cake was a a two tiered vanilla cake with strawberry filling. I used the Wilton's Cherry Blossom silicone mold. 

The baby bums have been very popular and I have had several requests. The diaper part was made with half of the ball pan from Wilton. The legs are rice crispy treats covered in fondant. 


This one is a single tiered and only blue and pink.

 This one is two tiers blue and brown. 


Thanks for reading!



0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template by Sisterly Love Bake Shop