Pages

Monday, July 26, 2010

Peony Cake Details


This is one of my favorite cakes ever. It took me forever to complete but it was so worth it. I missed the wedding since I was busy making the cake. The bride loved the cake on so did the guest which is all that matters. The middle cake is a three tiered white cake filled with cheesecake strawberry mousse filling. The two sides are filled with peach mousse filling.


The flowers took the most time to make but also gave me the most sense of accomplishment. I used a video by Nicholas Lodge to learn how to make the flowers. I bought most of my supplies for the flowers at Global SugarArt online merchant including the DVD for the flowers. 

The cake also had some  lace embellishments made out of gumpaste and fondant mixture. The lace mold were purchased at Elegant Lace Impressions. They were worth the investment. They came out beautiful. The three tiered cake has a scalloped lace on all three tiers and on the top it has a lace medallion as do the two side cakes.


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template by Sisterly Love Bake Shop