Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

50th Anniversarry Cake


This cake was the best one I have ever made! It was so adorable I didn't want to part with it!!!! I made this cake for one of our closest friends. Her pastor and his wife were celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary! I really enjoy the end result of the sugar flower making process. It can be difficult especially since I'm trying to learn from videos. This cake was three tiered lemon cake with raspberry filling, with now my all time favorite butter vanilla buttercream from Sharon Zambito from SugarEdProductions. I have almost all of her videos, she is amazing and I have learned so much from her.

The cake has 6 sugar roses that I hand painted gold. I also hand painted the leaves and the 50 for the topper. The gold paint I purchased at Global Sugar Art. I also made sugar pearls strings for the border at the bottom of each tier. The pearls were made from a pearl mold dusted with Wilton Gold Shimmer. The leaves on the cake have the leaf patter which was created with a leaf veiner that I purchased at California Cakes in Redlands California. They have such a great shop!

I hope you enjoy the cake as much as I do!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template by Sisterly Love Bake Shop