Pages

Friday, April 12, 2013

{Pink & Black} Boudoir Lingerie Bridal Shower


 I wanted to create the perfect event for my sister's bridal shower. My sister's and I decided on a lingerie shower. Our color palette was pink and black and a touch of white. We invited about 30 of our closest friends to help us celebrate the milestone. The guests were advised to just bring lingerie as gifts to fit the theme. The theme was very Victoria's Secret Boudoir and every detail reflects the theme. 

Tablescape: The tables had a table runner of flowers. My sister and I created the floral arrangements and located them all the way down the center of the table. We had three tall centerpieces and a bunch of smaller ones. We also had votive candles wrapped in a vellum lace wrap. Each place setting had a black charger, pink satin napkin, black water goblet, and their silverware. We also placed the favors on the side of each setting. The tables were under a beautiful tent that we draped in a pink fabric. We also hung three black chandeliers from the tent. All around the party space we set up 8x10’s and 5x7’s of some awesome lingerie boudoir shots I took of my sister :)  

Dessert table: I made the cake and most of the desserts. The cake was a three tiered cake with ruffles and a scalloped pattern and ruffle flowers. The backdrop of the dessert table had a chandelier vinyl   decal on a pink piece of lightweight wood painted pink. I also included pink gumballs, swirly pops, pink cotton candy, corset and panty shaped sugar cookies. I also had two chocolate fountains with custom colored pink chocolate. For dipping, I had rice crispy treats, marshmallows, cream puffs, pretzels, strawberries, and other goodies.

Drink Table: I set up a little bar. The bar was a steal from a yard sale for just $5 dollars. We hung 3 metal frames with the words Bombshell, Very Sexy, and Sexy Little Things. I also accessorized it with some flowers and some pink candles. We set up two drink dispensers that had the cocktails for the evening. Some cute tumblers with some cute parasols that we made outfitted the drinks perfectly. Mini water bottles with pink and black lace labels were also displayed.  I also had some bottles of Orange Juice, Punch, and Sangria were also available.


Favors: The favors were wrapped in a beautiful black wrapping paper with a satin bow and placed at everyone's place setting. Inside the box were little lingerie care kits that included a lingerie wash bag and lingerie detergent. I also included some lingerie care instructions.



Gift Table: I set up a black table with a comfy chair where my sister could sit and open gifts comfortably. The chair was a great find as well. I painted it black and upholstered the cushion with some pink fabric.



Games/Prizes: I boxed up all the prizes in pink wrapping paper and black satin ribbon. Prizes included Victoria’s Secret lotions, lip gloss and mints, Guess bracelets, Elf cosmetics, and other girly items. We also had custom made scrubs and edible chocolate body paint. For the Pictionary game I used an Ikea frame and made it into a white board. Other games included a word search, scramble game, bingo, and Jeopardy {games were created in PhotoShop}.  For the writing games I had black pencils personalized with pink letters.

Photobooth: The backdrop was made with A LOT of lace and ribbon. I also included some props like the Ikea frame, boas, chalkboards, and silly face parts.





Invitations: The invitation really set the mood for the event. I created in PhotoShop and then sent it to a printer. It was then placed in a black box with pink and black pearls. I also wrapped the box with pink lace and black ribbon. It was very glamorous and everyone loved it. (pictures are not that great for these because my computer crashed *tear*)
Food: Cooked by Me :) Lasagna and Chicken Fettuccini Alfredo. We also had garlic bread and a Cesar salad.
I had so much fun putting this together. I love planning a party just as much as I love to make the cakes and desserts for them!! Hope you enjoyed!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything was truly beautiful!!!

Ivonne

Unknown said...

Thank you so much!!

Anonymous said...

Where did you find the metal frames with the words bombshell, sexy little things, and very sexy?

Unknown said...

Hi. I bought the frames at JoAnns. They were green and pink with phrases like drama queen and princess. I sanded them down (the spray paint was not adhering) and removed the phrases. Then I sprayed them black. The words bombshell, sexy little things etc are vinyl that I purchased from Etsy. The seller is TweetHeartWallArt. She is amazing and can make anything custom to fit your needs!
XOXO Thank for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template by Sisterly Love Bake Shop