Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

Favorite Things Cake




My sister Nadine OBVI :) had a birthday! Her request: Huge, Girly, My Favorite Things!! I could not resist going all out and this cake was born. By far the largest cake I have EVER made. It had its challenges but learned so much about stacking and support. Let me break down to you my sissys favorite things!! 



From the top SHOES and Chanel...she loves shoes and high ones. All girls want is a pair of Loubis right..so That was the crown jewel litterally. That shoe took more than 400 edible pearls (I purchased all pearls on the cake on Etsy except the pink ones on the beauty mask). I tore apart one of my shoes to get the template (not Loubis of course). You can find the template here on Cakecentral or on my Scribd account. I didn't really incorporate the iconic C's but definitely the color shceme is reminiscent of Chanel. 



The second tier is dedicated to CANDY. My sister would rather eat candy than food. So this tier has two swirl fondant lollipops and pink and silver circles which remind me of cotton candy and they look pretty.


The Tiffany Blue tier has a diamond pattern accented with black pearls. On this tier we have the love of Tiffany of course but also sports and music. The Lakers are her favorite basketball team and she likes boxing as well so I sculpted pink boxing gloves and cut out a black music note. The Lakers' logo is an edible image (all edible images were purchased on Etsy) that I glued to a fondant heart and accented the heart with a string of purple pearls. 


Can you tell she has a cheetah obsession. Everything cheetah she wants. So I made her a tier with a cheetah print. I used powder colors with vodka and painted the pattern after I used Wilton Color Mist in Gold to the entire tier as well as the cosmetic bag and the N-A-D-I-N-E letters. 


More than candy and cheetah she loves her sleep so I included a beauty mask. I used a food marker to write "beauty sleep" and pink edible pearls as an accent. 


Last bur certainly not least is the makeup and shopping tier. She always has her phone so I recreated her exact phone and used an edible image of her actual FB page feed. I also used an edible image for the Starbucks cup because who doesn't like their Starbucks when they shop. She shops the most at Victoria's Secret, Forever 21, and the MAC counter so it was a no brainer to include those items. The Forever 21 gift cards also had edible images. 


The makeup bag with the MAC Cosmetics is ridiculously adorbs!!! My niece wanted to put on the makeup because she thought they were real, yes that's only the opinion of a 4 year old but a 4 year old who has opinions like a teenager!! I sculpted a lipstick, face brush, eye shadows, and a face powder. 


The entire cake is edible and when she saw it she was excited that its exactly what she envisioned or should I say what she sketched for me!! Yup that's how she rolls! Happy Birthday Sister! Love you!




0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template by Sisterly Love Bake Shop