Pages

Thursday, April 11, 2013

{Pink and Gold} Elegant Royal Gilded Bird Cage Baby Shower


My sister had my niece almost a year ago and I still have not shared with you all this goodness! I also hadn't mentioned that her shower was featured on the Baby Lifestyles Blog. So excited to have my first feature. Back when they featured it they only mentioned my name not my business but that is ok, I was just elated to have one of my cakes on another blog :)

My sister wanted something super girly and sophisticated, so pink and gold it is. Since the shower would be outdoor and in spring we incorporated bird cages filled with lush pink blooms and other arrangements in milk glass. My poor momma would wake up early to seek out the milk glass at yard sales and thrift shops. We ended up with so much we did not use them all. 

Like all of our parties everything is DIY!! I mean EVERYTHING! Its a lot of work but so rewarding. The flower arrangements were done by my mom, my sisters, and I. They were a challenge but  they are amazing, at least to us lol.


For favors we used pink and gold pearl gumballs in a tube and finished them off with a pink ribbon and Thank You note card. We placed them at each place setting. 


My sister Yanavith wanted to have a pictures of her bump as part of the decorations so I put on my photographer hat and viola! We spread her pictures around the tables and it added a nice personal touch. 


I also incorporated one of the pictures into the invitation which I created in Photoshop and printed at Mpix. They are the Luxe Ornate Invitations on pearl paper. They were gorgeous! 



This is one of my favorite cakes I have made. The fondant tiara was definitely the show stopping detail of the cake. The swags were made using different size fondant pearls that I dusted gold. This cake had more than 200 of those suckers it was a late night for sure. If you are wondering why would she put a white ribbon on this cake...well what had happened was :) ... the bow that was supposed to be there broke and I had no time to repair it. I guess that is why they say to make an extra (I usually do but since this cake was for myself I just didnt want to). My sister Nadine and I made those tiny tiaras for the cupcakes we made 48 of them. This was more time consuming than the large one. I also made the cakepops, and hand painted that G on the sugar cookies. Its all in the details. 



The infamous Ikea Mirror was painted in gold. These frames are just so fabulous. We framed the verse: For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I love this little detail. We also used huge 36" pink balloons and the letter G gold balloon.



My sister loved her shower I am so happy to be able to be given the honor to host these memorable events for my family. I know this blog is about my cakes and desserts but I love to share with you the whole picture of what my cakes were part of. I wont get to do this for all my cakes just the ones I create for friends and family. Thanks for reading! XOXO




2 comments:

Unknown said...

What great attention to detail! From the flower, gold accents, to the favors, just classy and gorgeous! It looks all so well done!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template by Sisterly Love Bake Shop