Pages

Sunday, April 7, 2013

{Part 3} Nautical Baby Shower Decor



We spent about 2 months scouring Ross, Home Goods, and Marshall's to find as much nautical decor we could. Our color scheme was Red, Blue and Yellow so we had to spray paint a lot of the decor but it was so worth it because it made items pop more. The large sailboats were the first items we found and were the centerpiece of the tablescape. We had two rows of 3 tables with all decor in the center of the table. 


My sister Nadine as always was my trusty sidekick and helped me every step of the way. She made the live preservers with styrofoam rings and white/red streamers. Other DIY included the sailboat, anchor, and lighthouse details on the diaper cakes. Those were made using polymer clay and cookie cutters. My sister and I painstakingly wrapped and tied 100 forks with Livesaver Mints and jute, but they are adorable!! Those pelicans just make me smile they are perfect.


The sailor rubber duckies are adorable we found them online do not recall the shop. The letter E's were spray painted yellow they were green :) We placed favors at each setting. We got the cutest round containers at Paper Mart and I love how the red and yellow Sixlets look with the blue striped container. The Ikea frames are so versatile I added pictures from my sister's maternity shoot (I took the pictures, I just thought if I said maternity shoot it would sound cooler) and finished them off with some ribbon.


I couldn't get a good picture of the nautical flags because my lens is not a wide angle :( but you can see it somewhat. The banner was about 100 ft. long. It took me about 8 hours to cut and sew all the felt flags.  I LOVE it to pieces. It really helped frame the tent and made everything more put together. The backdrop was made using a navy poster board with wood letter bought at Michael's and spray painted yellow. The lighthouse was one of the last items we purchased but we love it! 

These boy party ideas were also featured on Spaceships and Laser Beams.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template by Sisterly Love Bake Shop