Pages

Friday, April 30, 2010

Mommy's Birthday






We had never thrown a party for my mom’s birthday before. My sister and I decided to put together a Pink, red, birdie, theme for her. The cake in the middle picture was done by me. I am very proud of this cake. It was some work but I pushed myself beyond my expertise.
We had a dessert buffet that I put together. I baked chocolate chips cookies, mini cheesecakes, chocolate covered strawberries, brownies, cupcakes and sugar cookies. It was beautifully displayed on red plates and platters most of them from Target.

I made pink lemonade, and fruit punch and added strawberries to the drink dispenser. The drink dispensers were a steal from Wal-Mart. For food we had an array of sandwiches with chips.

The centerpieces were made from branches and tissue paper flowers. We affixed them to the branches with glue dots. We had pink table covers and red plates and cups. .We also hung pink and red hearts and tissue pom-poms from the ceiling.

1 comments:

c said...

love love LOVE your ideas! I am inspired!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template by Sisterly Love Bake Shop