Pages

Friday, April 30, 2010

Mexican Fiesta

I absolutely love the party my sister Yanavith put together for my sister and I. It was a sophisticated fiesta sans the burros and piñatas. She really thought of all the details. Thanks sissy I love you!!!

My mom found a steal at Ross store and grabbed all the colorful margarita cups and goblets. They were in shades of purple, pink, green, red, and yellow. We found some lace table overlays at Wal-Mart and picked them right up. They added an old Spanish flair.


She spent days making the flowers for the centerpieces and the hanging pomanders which are my favorite elements. She designed her concept and I just helped her put it together. The centerpieces were a tall cylinder vase I had already purchased at the DollarTree. The flowers were attached to s Styrofoam base. We finished the centerpiece off with a piece of scrapbook paper and whole punched the edges with a Martha Stewart whole punch. We had one at each tables. The paper plates in different colors were set at each table. We had also scattered flowers on the tables. For favors we had to think quickly on our feet because we forgot about them. We bought some dulce de leche suckers, I think they were 10 for $1 dollar and simply tied some ribbon in coordinating colors.

The pomander balls were the focus and we highlighted them with hanging banners. We cut squares and whole punched them with the Martha Stewart punch and strung them on orange ribbon.

My sister printed a little Mexican Fiesta sign and put it in another Dollar Tree find. The frame had stripes in the coordinating colors.

I love, love this party! Hope you enjoy it too.


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template by Sisterly Love Bake Shop