Pages

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Mickey Mouse Cake


Who doesn't love Mickey? Mickey Mouse is one of the most iconic cartoon characters of all time. I recieved a request for a Mickey cake, and well, I have no drawing skills. So, drawing Mickey's face was out of the question. I researched cake on Cakecentral, one of my favorite spots for inspiration.



This cake was inspired by some of the pictures from wonderful bakers who are kind enough to share their creations. The Mickey cake was a two tiered stacked cake. All decorations were made from marshmallow fondant and colored with Wilton color. I also cut out the stars using Wilton's star shaped cookie cutters. The Mickey head was baked using a sports ball 3D pan also from Wilton.
This yummy cake was filled with strawberries on one layer and peaches on the other. The strawberry layer was lemon cake, and peach was just white cake. It was really fun to make but lots of work. Thanks Nadine for helping me :)




2 comments:

Whitesands said...

Im a big fan of mickey mouse and i just love your cake! awesome work.......i was looking through your page and everything that u do and love your work! thank you for sharing! LOVE IT! Can wait to see more!

Unknown said...

Thank you sooo much! I really appreciate the love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template by Sisterly Love Bake Shop