Pages

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Quinceanera



My brother-in-law’s sister just turned 15 years old, and like in most if not all Hispanic families they have a Quinceañera. A Quinceañera is a coming of age ceremony that occurs when a young girl turns 15. Well, this celebration is a big deal to these 15 year old girls. When she asked me to create her invites and her favors I wanted to do something a little different. Usually the invites are a little cheesy I think. They have a huge picture of the young lady, and a list that almost eats up all the invitation space of who bought what and who the attendants are. I really think that we should stay away from that and seek a cleaner, sleeker and more sophisticated approach.


Her colors were a deep “purpleish” plum color, which I loved because again it stays away from the pastels that although beautiful they had their time to shine. As I looked for inspirations on the web, there are more options catered towards the Quinceañera. When I was planning my sisters we had many limited sources because it wasn’t as mainstream or important to pop culture. With MTV bringing these festivities to a broader audience business began to realize that there is a need for more products.





I chose to create the invites myself in Photoshop. I used a 4x6 template I got at Overnightptints.com, which is also were I got them printed. I printed 100 of them for about $20 dollars. The invitation has a logo that I made using a Photoshop shape. It is ornate yet simple. I used Copper Alt Caps Expert font (I downloaded somewhere just Google it you should find it for free!) for her initials J.Z. added the number 15 with a small tiara to finish off the logo. I also purchased pocketfold invitation from Paperandmore.com a store that I love and buy from all the time. I also got their white precut base paper. I layered the invitation and used two sided tape to affix it to the pocketfold envelope.






For the favors I wanted to tie in the invitation theme. I ordered cake transfer sheets from Funcakesforyou.com and Holly did an amazing job she even sent them pre-cut. She printed the logo I sent her via e-mail and sent them back to me super quick. I used the logo on some delicious sugar cookies. I iced them with white royal icing, immediately put the logo on them, once dried I added a border around them with white royal icing. I bagged the cookies up and tied purple and white ribbon on them.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template by Sisterly Love Bake Shop