Pages

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Birthday Cakes



I have been baking quite a few birthday cakes this month and I wanted to share some of the pictures with you. I wish I had more time to photograph all the cakes I have done but sometimes I am in such a time crunch to finish them that I forget to take pictures of all of them. In the future I also plan to do more of a tutorial style posts so stay tuned for those.




This cake was baked for a surprise party for Aracely, a very dear friend of mine. Her sister is one of my top customers J The cake she requested was a Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cake. It got rave reviews from the guests at the party. Its three layers of cake and two layers of mint chocolate chip ice cream. The cake also has mini chocolate chips mixed with Andes mint chocolate candies that I processed in the food processor. I used them to garnish the cake. I wrote Happy Birthday Aracely on it with a light minty green frosting just before they picked it up.

This cake was for Aracely’s brother. They have birthdays in the same month. It was a chocolate cake with fresh strawberry cheesecake filling. I used strawberry glaze and fresh strawberries to garnish the cake. It has a shell border at the bottom of the cake and rosettes on top where the strawberries are placed. This was the first time I made this cake, and they all loved it so I am adding it to the menu.


I would make my niece a birthday cake every month for her birthday. So this is an old cake but i really love it and wanted to share it. I made two one square and one round. They are both chocolate cake with jam in the middle. I used MMF (marshmallow fondant) to cover the cakes as well as add the decorations. I also used cookie cutters to cut out all the shapes and used a little bit of water with sugar to attach the cutouts to the cake. This cake was really moist and delicious. My niece smashed her little hands all over the cake! Shes too cute.

1 comments:

Nadine said...

LOVE YOUR PAGE SUPEr CUTE!!! GOOD jOb sissy LOVE YOu!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template by Sisterly Love Bake Shop