Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Dodger Fans




Well, I made it. Yay! This is my second entry this week. After finding out that the person who interviewed me for a teaching position was a Dodger fan, my wheels started turning and a simple thank you card would not be enough. So naturally I decided to bake him these delicious sugar cookies. I used the same recipe for the sugar cookies and royal icing as always. I did a batch of the cookie dough, and three batches of icing (depending on how many cookies you are making a single batch can be divided into separate bowls and colored) a brown, white, and blue one.

The California State cookie cutter is from Sweet Shapes. The state cutter is not a custom order but if she no longer carries it you can always request it and Viola! you have California. The baseball glove, bat and cap are from Sweet Shapes as well. These are part of her Baseball Set.

I always outline my cookies with white royal icing (medium consistency, but not runny) first, this creates a dam of sorts. Once the icing dries I flood the cookies with the desired color of icing (this is runny but not watery, about the consistency of white glue) making sure it doesn't overflow. You don't want it to go over the dam you already piped. Now we wait several hours, sometimes overnight if necessary for the cookies to dry. Once dried you can add the design or writing on top of the smooth icing.

For the marble affect on the baseball bat I added white lines of runny icing (about 2 thin lines) as soon as I had flooded them (don't wait until they dry) and using a toothpick I swirled the white in with the brown.

Now all there was to do was individually wrap each cookie with coordinating bow and I had the perfect thank you! They looked really great! So go on don't be shy and bake your Dodger fan some cookies.!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey You better get that job! You are making me want to bake even though I'm not much of a baker. Karina

Unknown said...

Thanks for your comment :) Dont be afraid go on and bake something!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template by Sisterly Love Bake Shop